">

01 August 2011

Art is Dead

I just saw the show the Green Room with Paul Provenza on Showtime. I love it when comics sit around talking about comedy. Actually, I love it whenever you can see or read experts in their field, people who care about what they do, discussing it amongst themselves (the move the Aristocrats is patently obscene, but a brilliant example of what I'm talking about).
In the first episode I saw there was Judd Apatow, Mark Maron, Ray Romano, Gary Shandling and a young comic named Bo Burnham who performed the song below. Good stuff.
It reminded me of the hours I used to spend watching Short Attention Span Theater with my brother back on the old Comedy Channel.



The impressive part was this kid was able to hold his own with the likes of Shandling and Provenza. Very talented.

No comments: